Schnauzers-R-Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Schnauzers-R-Us

A gathering spot for owners of miniature, standard, or giant schnauzer owners.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  **Senor diets P  

**Senor diets

Go down 
AuthorMessage
*Janet*
Admin
*Janet*

**Senor diets Empty
PostSubject: **Senor diets   **Senor diets EmptyThu Dec 31, 2020 5:47 pm

Let me tell you folks, senior diets suck. By the time a dog gets to be 7 years old, vets start pushing you to put them on lower calorie and low protein diets. Unless your dog has serious health problems, don't fall for it.

You will end up starving your dog, as he loses weight and muscle mass. It's tough to slowly help them gain back the weight they lost.

Dogs need protein, there's no way around it.

I am now adding cooked beef to his prescription diet, as it was slowly starving him....it looks like we caught it in time.
Back to top Go down
*Janet*
Admin
*Janet*

**Senor diets Empty
PostSubject: Re: **Senor diets   **Senor diets EmptySun Jan 03, 2021 6:14 pm

Update:

I am now giving him 1/2 cup ground cooked london broil a day, with the dry kibble, divided into two meals.  He seems more filled up and satisfied.  I can see a bit of a difference....his front shoulders look like they are taking shape again.  It's a long process after 3 years of junk food prescribed by vets.  there wasn't enough protein for him to keep up his weight or muscle mass..
Back to top Go down

**Senor diets
Page 1 of 1