Schnauzers-R-Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Schnauzers-R-Us

A gathering spot for owners of miniature, standard, or giant schnauzer owners.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Been to the vet ---- again P  

Been to the vet ---- again

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
*Janet*
Admin
*Janet*

Been to the vet ---- again Empty
PostSubject: Been to the vet ---- again   Been to the vet ---- again EmptyTue Apr 03, 2018 6:30 pm

Had to take Max to the vet again today....he started regurgitating the food again after 5 months of being okay.....vet said his problem is his diet, so it's time for a change. For the next 3 weeks he's on a bland diet, and then he wants to see him again.....he said everything else is okay.....and believes with the proper diet, he will soon be back to normal.

If the diet doesn't work, then we will try medication, but he is one who would like to avoid it, if possible. This is our regular vet, the one we've had for all our dogs for 40 years......

He also said stop the Pepcid, and changed his probiotic to Fortiflora. He frowned on the probiotic that the emergency vet put him on 4 years ago.....so, hopefully this will work....
Back to top Go down
Karen Brittan

Karen Brittan

Been to the vet ---- again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Been to the vet ---- again   Been to the vet ---- again EmptySat Apr 07, 2018 9:09 am

Sorry to hear that. Having a sick dog is NEVER fun. I had one about a month ago.

Whenever I have a dog that throws up, I don't feed it the next day and fast it for 24 hours before I feed it again, usually starting out with a smaller amount of food, and increase that amount a bit each day until it is back to its normal amount of kibble.  

Karen Brittan
Britmor Schnauzers
Back to top Go down
http://britmorschnauzers.com/

Been to the vet ---- again
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Schnauzers-R-Us :: Schnauzer Talk-
Jump to: