Schnauzers-R-Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Schnauzers-R-Us

A gathering spot for owners of miniature, standard, or giant schnauzer owners.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Food Allergies P  

Food Allergies

Go down 
AuthorMessage
*Janet*
Admin
*Janet*

Food Allergies Empty
PostSubject: Food Allergies   Food Allergies EmptySun Jun 29, 2014 8:57 pm

Some dogs develop an allergy to some food items. Milk products, eggs, poultry, meat products, pork, fish, and other seafood are most often implicated in these reactions.

The effects of allergy to certain foods may be almost immediately apparent:

breathing difficulties

skin rashes

excessive secretion of tears and saliva

In a few dogs the reaction may prove fatal, but these cases usually have has a previous history of acute illness after eating certain foods.

Most cases of food allergy dermatitis and spontaneously; others may need the use of antihistamines, cortisone like drugs, or adrenaline to abolish the sign and symptoms of the acute reaction.
Back to top Go down
*Janet*
Admin
*Janet*

Food Allergies Empty
PostSubject: **An added note**   Food Allergies EmptySat Aug 22, 2020 5:48 pm

On another note....if you are feeding a high protein % - such as 25-30%, then you cut back on the amount of food you feed....In Max's case, I was giving him the full cup of food like I did with all his other lower protein foods, and I found that it was too much....he would vomit from over feeding.

So instead of an 8 oz cup, per day, he now gets 6 oz. He is doing much better that way....

All these years we had different vets always telling us to change his diet....well what they all suggested made matters worse, until I did my own experimenting.

Real high protein was too rich, as was duck and chicken liver. For 11 years we fought vomiting and mushy poops.

So far, the salmon and rice is working. He also has more energy for being 11 years old. And he sleep more restful and sound.
Back to top Go down

Food Allergies
Page 1 of 1