Schnauzers-R-Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Schnauzers-R-Us

A gathering spot for owners of miniature, standard, or giant schnauzer owners.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Vestibular Disease P  

Vestibular Disease

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
*Janet*
Admin
*Janet*

Vestibular Disease Empty
PostSubject: Vestibular Disease   Vestibular Disease EmptySun Jan 07, 2018 10:29 am

Back to top Go down
Karen Brittan

Karen Brittan

Vestibular Disease Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vestibular Disease   Vestibular Disease EmptySat Apr 07, 2018 10:15 am

I've had two dogs with vestibular disease over the years.

I don't remember much about the first one as I was out-of-town when it occurred, and he was fairly old at the time. He had the classic head tilt, and he didn't get around as well as he had normally.

Lily, my black bitch, was my second dog that had it hit her. I was sitting here at my computer when it struck her suddenly like a seizure. She was on her side, with her legs thrashing around. When she came out of it, she had the head tilt and had trouble walking. I don't remember the time of year (spring?), except that the weather was nice out, so I began walking Lily outside several times a day with a beach towel slung under her belly as I supported her so she could walk. With time Lily improved and eventually was able to walk on her own again.

Karen Brittan
Back to top Go down
http://britmorschnauzers.com/

Vestibular Disease
Page 1 of 1